The history of Hotel Hubertus

The foundation of the Hotel Hubertus was laid in 1952 by the parents of the current owner. It was initially a small guest house on the edge of the forest of Gernsheim. Due to the proximity to nature, it was also the ideal place to build a small zoo of domestic animals.

In 1960 the existing building was expanded to include more guest rooms. The Hubertus has now become a popular destination for many guests from near and far.

An additional expansion and modernization was finally made in 1985 by withholding a hotel-middle section. In today's final stage, the hotel has 48 rooms.

Here are some pictures from that time (click to enlarge):